Subscribe for free to the America First Report newsletter.
14 failures will taint Kevin McCarthy’s reign as Speaker of the House. The concessions that he appears to have given to conservatives in the House will make it harder for him to get his Uniparty Swamp agenda to play.
Nevertheless, he was finally voted in as Speaker after enough of the final holdouts voted “present.” Matt Gaetz had upended the 14th vote that was supposed to be McCarthy’s anointing, but caved for the 15th.
- As the banking collapse heats up, there’s no longer time to procrastinate about moving retirement to physical precious metals. Here are the four companies we vetted. They are patriotic, America First companies that do NOT donate to Democrats, work with the CCP, or embrace CBDCs. These companies actually love America and can help you protect your life’s savings.
It even looked like it might turn violent when Congressman Mike Rogers had to be restrained as he headed toward Gaetz after the 14th failure.
Rep. Richard Hudson pulls Rep. Mike Rogers back as they talk with Rep. Matt Gaetz amid a 14th failed vote for House speaker late Friday night.
LIVE UPDATES: https://t.co/EOAvjKZwQM pic.twitter.com/TfdXgkgpUZ
— ABC News (@ABC) January 7, 2023
After Andy Biggs and Lauren Boebert both voted “present,” it turned to Gaetz as the next holdout. He voted “present” again, which pretty much sealed the deal for McCarthy.
Now we will see how the rules vote goes. If the holdouts negotiated well enough and the Republican caucus doesn’t turn on them, we should see more power for the Freedom Caucus.
Bypass Big Tech Censors
- The JD Rucker Show (M-F 2pm Eastern)
- Red State Talk Radio (M-F 2pm Eastern)
- America Out Loud (M-F 7pm Eastern)
- America First Report (Substack)
- The Late Prepper (Substack)
- End Medical Tyranny (Substack)
Leave a Reply